Sheet Pan Egg Bake
What’s better than breakfast? Breakfast made in one sheet pan AND in the oven! Now that is a huge win and it’s packed with so much flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and spinach. It takes just under 30 minutes from start to end and breakfast plans are booked and busy for the week ahead!
MAKING THE EGG FILLING
The egg filling could not be easier to make! You basically need to crack a bunch of eggs, add all the spices and veggies and cheese in and whisk all together. That’s the simple version! Now for all the details:
This recipe uses a lot of eggs but is meant to be for meal prep or if you’re trying to feed a family or host a brunch party. We’re going to crack 16 large eggs in a bowl.
You can whisk the eggs first and then add the rest of the ingredients or whisk them all together after. It’s probably easier to whisk the eggs first with the almond milk and then add the filling.
Then add the following ingredients:
- crumbled feta
- chopped spinach
- chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- almond milk
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Combine them all together and that’s it!
NOTE: You can also swap the whole eggs for egg whites if you want to make this lighter! One whole large egg is equivalent to about 1/4 cup of egg whites.
BAKING THE EGG BAKE
Once the filling is prepped, it’s time to bake! You can use a deep baking pan like one used for brownies or cheesecake or use a sheet pan. Just make sure the size is 9×13. I prefer to use a baking pan versus a sheet pan because it is deeper and I like a thicker slice.
Bake in the oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully set in the center. You can do a quick test by giving the tray or pan a quick shake and seeing if the center is jiggly. If it is still, it is good to take it out of the oven!
Once out of the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then cut into individual pieces with a sharp knife.
VARIATIONS TO TRY
One variation that I love so much is a broccoli and cheddar egg bake. Pack it with chopped bits of broccoli and sharp cheddar cheese for a breakfast take on broccoli cheddar soup!
Another variation is inspired by Starbucks egg bites. Add beef or turkey bacon and gruyere!
You can also make a Mexican-inspired egg bake instead of Meditteranean. Add beef chorizo, cheese, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, beans, corn, red onions, or whatever else you like! Once out of the oven, you can add avocado and/or sour cream to enjoy.
CRAVING MORE BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH? TRY THESE RECIPES OUT!
- Hawaiian Roll French Toast Bites
- Eggs in a Bagel
- Egg Boat
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
If you tried this recipe and loved it, drop by down below and let me know how you liked it with a rating and comment! Feel free to also leave a question there about this recipe and I’ll get right back to it.
Sheet Pan Egg Bake
What's better than breakfast? Breakfast made in one sheet pan AND in the oven! Now that is a huge win and it's packed with so much flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and spinach. It takes just under 30 minutes from start to end and breakfast plans are booked and busy for the week ahead!
- 16 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To a large bowl, crack all the eggs in and add the almond milk or any milk of choice.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the feta cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and all the spices. Combine together.
- Line a 9x13 baking tray or sheet pan with parchment paper and spray well with oil.
- Transfer the egg filling and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until set in the center. Shake the tray/pan and if it does not jiggle in the center, it's done.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then cut it into individual pieces, 8 to 10, depending how big or small you'd like the serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week!