Hasselback Waffle-Cut Potatoes
Hasselback Waffle Cut Potatoes
These potatoes come with a guarantee that they'll change your life! Super crispy and the shape is so cute. They're basically like a thin version of hasselback potatoes but with a criss-cut style to maximize crispy surface area. Plus, the garlic parmesan and herb butter takes these bites to another level.
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, and parmesan.
- Peel potatoes. Cut all four sides of the potato so each side is flat and now the slices will be perfect squares. This step is optional. You can also make these with circular rounds.
- Cut into about 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place a chopstick along the potato. For more stability, place a chopstick on either side of the potato. Slice the potato all the way across without cutting all the way through (this is what the chopsticks are for). Rotate 90 degrees and repeat the same process.
- Place on the baking sheet. Brush with the garlic and herb butter on the top and the bottom, underneath the potato so the bottom can get really crispy too.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take out and brush again with more butter.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown all around.
- Take out of the oven, garnish with more parmesan and fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!