No-Bake Oreo Heart Truffles
Let’s learn how to make some cute and delicious Valentine’s Day Oreo Truffles! The best part is it only requires 3 ingredients and the heart-shape is perfect to gift to a significant other or to share with your girls for a Galetine’s gathering.
The first time I had these truffles was a few years ago when my brother and I were in college together. He had made them and brought some over to share with me and they blew my mind with how rich and sweet they were. They blew me away even more when I out how he made them and you know the recipe is going to be easy when my brother, who is not a cook or baker, made them in his college apartment.
The 3 Ingredients
This recipe is adapted from Kraft and taught to me by my older brother! I had an idea this Valentine’s Day to make them heart shaped instead of balls and I’m so excited to share with you. Here are the 3 ingredients you will need to create them:
- Cream Cheese
That’s literally it. Typically I make them with only traditional white chocolate and milk chocolate but since these are for Valentine’s Day, I like to use pink or red colored chocolate. This is completely optional. A fourth ingredient that’s completely optional is Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles. The ones that I used were purchased from Michael’s but they have similar ones on Amazon here.
How to Make Them
The first step is to add the Oreos to a food processor and blend them completely until it’s a fine powder. If you don’t have a food processor, just toss the Oreos into a ziplock bag, seal it tightly, and then smash it using a rolling pin until broken apart and fine.
Transfer the Oreos to a large mixing bowl. Then take some cream cheese that’s been softened and mix it into the crushed Oreos until it resembles the consistency of cake pops.
Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper and add the “dough” to the pan. Press it down firmly and make sure it’s leveled before transferring it to the freezer for about 20 minutes or until more firm.
Take it out of the freezer and use the heart cookie cutter to cut out small hearts. You can always repurpose the scraps into cake balls or re-flatten it out and cut out more! Up to you. Pop them back in the freezer and in the meantime, melt down your chocolate of choice in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until completely smooth.
Decorating the Truffles
Dip the hearts one at a time in the chocolate making sure it’s coated completely. Allow the excess chocolate to drip and transfer to a lined tray or plate. Optional: add sprinkles on top after dipping before the chocolate sets. Repeat with the rest. Pop in the fridge or freezer to chill for 10 minutes or until the chocolate is firm to touch.
If you’d like to decorate them with a drizzle of chocolate on top, melt some chocolate in a piping bag or ziplock bag and cut a tiny piece of the tip off. Drizzle the chocolate on top and add some sprinkles. You can also draw a heart shape with the chocolate on top. The possibilities are endless! Another easy way to decorate them is using crumbled Oreos as your “sprinkles”.
These are the sprinkles I got from Michaels. There are some cute options on Amazon too like these. I also bought my chocolate from Michaels since they had all sorts of red and pink colors for Valentine’s Day. They also had a pink color that was strawberries and creme flavor and it was delicious with the Oreo truffles.
Other Desserts You’ll LOVE
No-Bake Oreo Heart Truffles
Let's learn how to make some cute and delicious Valentine's Day No-Bake Oreo Truffles! The best part is it only requires 3 ingredients and the heart-shape is perfect to gift to a significant other or to share with your girls for a Galetine's gathering.
- 54 Oreos
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- Finely crush Oreos in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, add the Oreos to a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crumble them up.
- Add the softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos to a mixing bowl and combine until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Transfer to a 8x8 tray lined with parchment paper and press it dough evenly.
- Pop in the freezer to chill for about 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- Use a heart cookie cutter to punch out heart shapes and transfer them to a tray or plate lined with parchment paper.
- Melt down white chocolate or milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Mix in between each interval until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each heart truffle in the chocolate so it's covered completely and use a fork to let any excess chocolate drip off. Repeat with the rest. Add sprinkles if desired as you go along.
- Once they're all covered in chocolate, pop in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes just until the chocolate hardens.
- After chilling, you can add a drizzle of chocolate on top and sprinkles if you'd like for decor. You can also crush some Oreos and sprinkle them on top of the drizzled chocolate for decor.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge.
The recipe looks delish. From where did u get these coloured choclates discs. Pl give the details.
Hi! Roughly how many oz of chocolate did you use?