Creamy Tuscan Chicken
The easiest 30 minute dinner that never fails to impress – Creamy Tuscan Chicken! The vibrant colors of Italy from the tomatoes and basil make this dish pop so much and the creamy sauce packed with parmesan is absolutely divine. Enjoy it over some pasta or with some toasted bread to dip in for the perfect meal!
How to Make the Chicken
The first step to making this dish is preparing the chicken. It’s a one pan recipe so after searing the chicken, we make the sauce in the same pan so it can soak up all that flavor too! The marinade for the chicken breast is absolutely delicious and simplicity at its finest.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
Take two chicken breasts and cut them in half to make 4 pieces of thin chicken breast. Add the olive oil and all the spices and mix well to marinade evenly.
To a pan over medium-high heat, add a bit more olive oil and sear the chicken on each side until golden and cooked through. Take the chicken off the pan but leave the pan as is to make the sauce in.
Preparing the Sauce
The secret is all in the sauce and you know it’s going to be good when there’s tons of parmesan! Start out by deglazing the pan with lemon juice and add butter. Make sure not to add too much lemon juice or the sauce will be too tangy. Just a small squeeze and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan.
Then add fresh minced garlic and cherry tomatoes that have been cut in half. Sauté for a minute or two and then add heavy cream and a splash of chicken broth. Add cream cheese and lots of parmesan. Simmer until thickened and then add salt and black pepper to taste. To finish the sauce off, add chopped basil, parsley, and spinach. Cook for one more minute and then take off the heat and add the chicken in.
Variations to Try
Here are some ways to switch up the dish if you’re looking for some inspiration!
- Add sun dried tomatoes! They have a beautiful sweet taste that add so much flavor to this dish. You can add them alongside the fresh tomatoes or only use the sun-dried ones. I also like to use the oil from the sun dried tomato jar to sear the chicken in.
- Feel free to also add diced onions at the start of making the sauce. Just saute the onions until translucent and then add the garlic and tomatoes and saute again.
- Make some pasta on the side to enjoy with! You can even chop the chicken in and make extra sauce and toss it in all together for tuscan chicken pasta.
Other Creamy Dishes on the Blog
If you tried this recipe and loved it, drop by down below and let me know how you liked it with a rating and comment! Feel free to also leave a question there about this recipe and I’ll get right back to it.
To see more recipes and behind the scenes, follow along on Instagram! I’m also now on Pinterest pinning away so stop by and see what’s up.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
The easiest 30 minute dinner that never fails to impress - Creamy Tuscan Chicken! The vibrant colors of Italy from the tomatoes and basil make this dish pop so much and the creamy sauce packed with parmesan is absolutely divine. Enjoy it over some pasta or with some toasted bread to dip in for the perfect meal!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated parmesan to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- handful of spinach chopped
COOK THE CHICKEN
- In a bowl, add the chicken, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix to marinade evenly.
- Heat an oiled skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes each side. Then drop the heat to low and allow the chicken to cook through to the center or the temperature registers 165°F. Remove the chicken from the pan.
MAKE THE TUSCAN SAUCE
- In the same saucepan over medium heat, add the lemon juice and butter. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon and add the garlic and tomatoes. If you'd like to add onions, feel free to do so at this step. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add the heavy cream and chicken broth. Whisk together and bring to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan and whisk again until the sauce thickens. Once it thickens, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix in the basil, parsley, and spinach.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and enjoy!
Your recipes never fail. This was a hit. I served it with fresh linguine, it paired great.
My go-to recipe for whenever I want to make a fancy dinner. This meal never fails 🙂
Made this recipe yesterday!! Really tasty!! I served it over pappardelle pasta and yes you’ll want bread to soak up all that deliciousness:P my whole family enjoyed it. I will definitely make it again and have shared the recipe with others already!!
Amazing! This was a huge hit. My family wants me to make this again next week. 🙂
Made this recipe today and it was absolutely delicious! Super easy to make and didn’t take much time. Served it with rice and slices of avocado ( sounds strange lol) but it was a total hit. Will be making time and time again.
I made this for my family of 5 and they couldn’t stop RAVING about it after every bite!! I paired this with the Best Garlic Bread from your page and it was PERFECT!! I will soooo make this again!
Best view i have ever seen !
Best view i have ever seen !
This recipe is so easy to make and delicious ?