The Perfect Fudgey Brownies
The perfect brownie does exist and it’s perfectly sweetened, extra fudgy, and just the right amount of chocolatey! The best part about the recipe is you only need one bowl and no mixer required. Team fudgey over team cakey brownies all day!
This post is sponsored by Challenge Butter but all thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Moribyan’s kitchen possible.
To be quite honest, whenever I crave a brownie, I usually just make the Ghirardelli boxed ones simply because they are absolutely delicious and perfect in every single way. I’m also not a huge brownie person. I love them but never crave them when I want something sweet. I’ve honestly had a lot of homemade brownies and they’re never as good as Ghirardelli, but this recipe right here got the job done for me!
How to Make the Brownies
Making brownies from scratch is surprisingly a lot easier than you may think! You only need one mixing bowl and a rubber spatula and whisk. No beater required so cleanup is really easy.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Challenge Unsalted Butter
- granulated white sugar
- light brown sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- espresso powder
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- heavy cream
- large eggs
- all purpose flour
- chocolate chips
Start out by whisking together the butter and sugars until smooth. My go to butter whenever baking or cooking is Challenge Unsalted Butter. It adds a beautiful rich taste that is just a must in any creation that comes out of my kitchen. Their butter is made the old-fashioned way from happy cows at family-owned dairies and you can really taste that difference in these fudgey bites of chocolate heaven. It’s my secret to the softest brownies you’ll ever have!
Then add the unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, espresso powder, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and heavy cream. Whisk again and then pop in the microwave for 30 seconds.
This will help the cocoa powder and sugar dissolve to create a smooth brownie batter. It shouldn’t be hot, just warm. Once smooth, add the eggs and whisk until combined.
Now add the all purpose flour and mix until you have a thick batter consistency. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips and that’s it. I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips! You can mix them into the batter or another option is to sprinkle them on top in the tray.
Baking the Brownies
Transfer the batter to a 9×9 tray that’s been lined with parchment paper. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula and pop in the oven at 350°F to bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. The longer they bake, the less fudgey they get so make sure not to over bake them.
Once they’re out of the oven, allow them to cool down and set. Then cut them into individual pieces to enjoy!
Tips & Secrets to Perfecting Brownies
- Quality is very important! Pick the best chocolate chips for a strong rich and creamy flavor. Same with the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Add a little bit of espresso powder! This ingredient is optional but it really enhances the flavor of the chocolate. And no you can’t taste any coffee.
- Do not be impatient when your brownies come out of the oven. They need time to set or else they’ll fall apart when you slice into it. At least 25 to 3o minutes does the trick.
- Make sure not to overbake your brownies or they won’t be fudgey. 30 to 35 minutes is the perfect baking time for me. I prefer more closer to 35 so the brownies can be a bit more firm.
If you tried this recipe and loved it, drop by down below and let me know how you liked it with a rating and comment! Feel free to also leave a question there about this recipe and I’ll get right back to it.
The Perfect Fudgey Brownies
- 1/2 cup Challenge Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Whisk together the unsalted butter, granulated white sugar, and light brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Then add the unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, espresso powder, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and heavy cream. Whisk again and then pop in the microwave for 30 seconds. It shouldn't be hot, just warm. Whisk together to dissolve the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Once smooth, add the eggs and whisk really well until combined. Beat for about a minute to help fluff up the batter.
- Now add the all purpose flour and mix until you have a thick batter consistency.
- Finally, mix in the chocolate chips! You can mix them into the batter or another option is to sprinkle them on top in the pan.
- Transfer the batter to a 9x9 tray that's been lined with parchment paper. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula and pop in the oven at 350°F to bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once they're out of the oven, allow them to cool down for about 25 minutes until set. Then cut them into individual pieces to enjoy!