Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Let’s learn how to make Red Lobster’s famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits at home and even better! They’re super fluffy on the inside, a bit crispy on the outside, and perfectly cheesy and buttery.
If you’ve ever been to Red Lobster, you definitely know that one of the most popular things on their menu are the cheddar bay biscuits. They’re warm, soft, buttery, and most importantly, irresistible. The only thing better than the biscuits is the homemade version! The best part is they take less than 30 minutes to make and you get to enjoy as many as your heart desires.
What You Will Need
The ingredients are very simple and most will be ready on hand:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Cayenne powder
- Unsalted butter
- Sharp cheddar
My favorite part of this recipe is that everything gets added to ONLY ONE bowl which means less cleanup!
How to Make The Biscuits
Just whisk all the dry ingredients together first.
After whisking, add the melted butter and buttermilk but use a rubber spatula to incorporate that in.
Finally, add the cheese that’s been shredded and mix all that together.
Scoop out large portions of the dough onto a baking sheet, making sure they’re all spaced apart. The best way to do it is by using a large ice cream scoop or a ¼ measuring cup – just whatever you have.
Pop them in the oven to bake and in the meantime, make the garlic and herb butter. When they’re out of the oven, brush them in the butter and enjoy them warm and fresh!
OTHER COPYCAT RECIPES TO TRY
- Panera Mac & Cheese Copycat Recipe
- Chipotle Chicken Copycat
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
- Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
If you tried this recipe and loved it, drop by down below and let me know how you liked it with a rating and comment! Feel free to also leave a question there about this recipe and I’ll get right back to it.
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- pinch of cayenne powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
GARLIC & HERB BUTTER
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced garlic to taste
- pinch of black pepper to taste
- pinch of salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, make the garlic and herb butter by mixing together melted butter, parsley, garlic, black pepper, salt, and grated parmesan. Set aside to use after baking the biscuits.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, and a pinch of cayenne. Whisk together.
- To the dry mix, add the melted unsalted butter and buttermilk. Combine together using a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Then add the shredded cheddar and mix one last time. The dough will be able to hold its shape well but look very moist.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a large scoop or a ¼ measuring cup to measure out large portions of the dough onto the baking sheet, making sure to space them apart. Bake in two batches.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden on top and fully cooked through.
- If the garlic and herb butter got hard, warm it up for a few seconds and brush it on the top of all the biscuits.
- Enjoy warm!