Starbucks Copycat S’mores Frappuccino
Let’s learn how to make the famous Starbucks S’more Frappuccino! It’s a summer favorite at Starbucks but since they didn’t bring it back this year, we’re going to make it at home and even better.
What Is The S’mores Frappuccino?
Frappuccinos are a blended coffee drink that Starbucks is famous for! They come in traditional flavors like caramel and vanilla but in the summer, Starbucks brings a s’mores flavor to the menu. This year it was discontinued and replaced with a strawberry funnel cake Frappuccino. To keep it short and simple, it’s the s’mores dessert as ice-blended coffee but Starbucks describes it as “marshmallow-infused whipped cream, milk chocolate sauce, a creamy blend of vanilla, coffee, milk and ice are finished off with more marshmallowy whipped cream and a graham cracker crumble.” It’s basically your favorite campfire treat in drink form and it’s too delicious!
How To Make It At Home
To make it at home, there are 3 basic steps to follow!
1. Make the chocolate sauce: To make the chocolate sauce, just melt down milk chocolate with heavy cream in the microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval. Once it’s smooth and completely melted, add the butter and mix until melted in. Set aside. If you would like to use semi-sweet or dark chocolate, you may do so instead of milk chocolate. It won’t be as sweet though and will be more bitter.
2. Make the marshmallow-infused whipped cream: Beat cold heavy cream on medium-high speed using a stand mixer or hand mixer just until soft peaks form. Do not beat beyond this. Add the marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract. Beat again just until you have stiff peaks Do not beat beyond this or it will turn out clumpy and grainy. Store in the fridge covered in an air tight container if not using immediately. No sugar is needed to make this because the marshmallow fluff is already all sugar.
3. Make the ice-blended coffee: Take a blender and add brewed coffee, milk of choice, vanilla syrup, and for a stronger coffee taste which I like, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of instant coffee or espresso powder. The stronger coffee taste is amazing since Frappuccinos are so sweet already. You can also just brew very strong coffee to counteract the milk and sugar. Then, blend it all up and it’s time to assemble.
After all 3 parts are done, it’s time to put it all together. Grab your favorite glass. Add as much or as little marshmallow whipped cream as you’d like to the bottom of the glass. I added about 1/4 cup. Then add some chocolate sauce on top – about 2 tablespoons or to taste. Fill the glass with the ice-blended coffee, leaving a little room at the top to finish it off with more whipped cream. Sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on top and that’s it! If you’d like more chocolate sauce, you can add a drizzle on top too.
Tips & Notes
- Make sure the heavy cream is cold/chilled to make the marshmallow whipped cream. It will be easier and more successful to whip.
- Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream are interchangeable! Whipping cream has a less fat percentage than heavy cream and is not ideal for making whipped cream. It can still be used but the final product just won’t hold its shape as well.
- For the chocolate sauce, the recipe calls for milk chocolate to replicate a traditional s’mores. Starbucks chocolate sauce is also milk chocolate but if you prefer semi-sweet or dark, feel free to use it. Just know it will be more bitter and less sweet.
- To make the ice-blended coffee stronger, brew stronger coffee or add instant coffee/espresso powder. For the coffee, you can get creative and use any that you like. You can use cold brew, iced coffee, etc.
- For the ice-blended coffee, you can use whole milk, 2% milk, almond milk, or oat milk. Any milk of your choice will be fine.
- If you have any leftover chocolate sauce or whipped cream, just store them both in an air tight container in the fridge. All you need to do is make more ice-blended coffee to have more Frappuccinos.
Starbucks Copycat S'mores Frappuccino
- 5 ounces milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee cold
- 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee/espresso powder optional
- graham cracker crumbs for topping
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- Add the cold heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Beat on medium-high speed just until soft peaks form.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract. Beat again until stiff peaks form. Do not beat it too much or it will be clumpy and grainy.
- Add the milk chocolate and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, mixing in between each interval.
- Once it is completely melted, add the butter. Mix until it is melted in and the final product is smooth.
- To a blender, add chilled brewed coffee, milk, vanilla syrup, ice, and optional instant coffee powder. Blend until thick and smooth. Immediately assemble right after.
- To the bottom of a cup, add about 1/4 cup of the marshmallow whipped cream or less to your taste. Add 2 tablespoons of chocolate sauce on top. Then add the ice-blended coffee leaving a little room at the top for some more marshmallow whipped cream. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and enjoy right away!