Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
Honey Butter Garlic Chicken is the most delicious 30-minute dinner idea that is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
This post is sponsored by Challenge Butter but all thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Moribyan’s kitchen possible.
WHAT IS HONEY BUTTER GARLIC CHICKEN
Imagine crispy chicken pieces coated in a heavenly garlic and herb butter sauce with a tiny kick of heat and sweetness. Although this recipe is made using chicken thighs, you can use chicken breast or shrimp. Make it a full meal by serving it on top of some steamed rice or serving it in some lettuce wraps. This recipe has now become a family favorite and I hope it will in your house too!
HOW TO MAKE HONEY BUTTER GARLIC CHICKEN
If it only takes 30 minutes to make, it has to be super easy!
- Coat the chicken in cornstarch, salt, and black pepper and lightly fry it in a mix of Challenge Butter and olive oil. Quality ingredients make a big difference in this recipe. My mom has always stocked Challenge Butter in our fridge since I was a kid. I love that it is made from the freshest milk and cream from cows at family-owned dairies. Its flavor adds such a decadent flavor and the cornstarch adds a beautiful crispy texture on the chicken.
- Add honey, rice vinegar, cilantro, chili flakes, and of course lots of garlic! There is no better combo than honey + butter + garlic, hence the name of the dish. This is going to create a delicious sweet and savory glaze for the chicken to dance in.
- Add some more Challenge Butter because the goal is creaminess!
- Allow it to caramelize until the chicken is beautifully browned and then it’s ready to enjoy.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- If you are not a fan of dark meat, skip the chicken thighs and use breast or go for shrimp. Of course just cook for shorter times for both breast and shrimp as they dry out faster.
- Feel free to adjust the taste to your liking depending on if you prefer more sweetness or more spicyness. Maybe you like a lot more garlic!
- This makes a great meal prep option. Make ahead of time, pop in an air-tight container, store in the fridge and then heat it up whenever you get hungry.
If you make this recipe, let me know on Instagram! I love seeing your remakes SO much.
Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Challenge Unsalted Butter
- chopped cilantro or green onions for garnish
- In a bowl, add the chicken that has been cut into small pieces along with the cornstarch. Mix so that each piece of chicken is coated evenly in the cornstarch.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and Challenge Unsalted Butter.
- Toss in the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Cook until the chicken has some browned bits and no pink in sight, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, honey, cilantro, rice vinegar, and more unsalted butter.
- Saute until the chicken is golden brown and coated in the thick sauce, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take off the heat and garnish with more cilantro. Serve on top of rice, steamed veggies, or in lettuce wraps!
- If you only have salted butter, Challenge Butter has a great article for swapping unsalted for salted butter! One whole stick of butter only has 1/4 teaspoon of salt and since we're only using about 3 tablespoons of butter in this recipe, you are only adding about 1/8 teaspoon of salt to the recipe by using salted butter so just add a little less salt.