The perfect Valentine's Day treat to make for yourself, your girls, or a loved one! These taste just as good as churros from Costco or Disneyland, if not even better.
- piping tip
- piping bag
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon to make the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a pot, add water, sugar, unsalted butter, and salt.
- Set over medium-high heat and whisk together.
- Once it comes to a boil, drop the heat to low and add the flour. Use a rubber spatula to mix together until there are no more clumps of flour left, about 3 minutes.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool for 6-8 minutes.
- Add one egg and mix using a rubber spatula or in a stand mixer until fully incorporated. Add the second egg and mix again until fully incorporated. The dough should be firm, elastic and just a bit sticky.
- Transfer into a piping bag fitted with a tip.
- Cut parchment paper into small squares. Spray with oil and pipe hearts out onto each square.
- Heat oil to 350°F and drop one heart in at a time, making sure to move slowly so it drops into the oil smoothly. Allow it to get golden brown on one side before flipping over. Once it’s golden on both sides, transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat until all the churros are fried.
- Coat the churros in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Enjoy with some caramel or chocolate sauce!
This recipe can also make traditional churros! Just skip piping hearts out onto parchment paper and pipe out long strips directly into the hot oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!